Lupus - Treatments

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Lupus (Systemic Lupus Erythematosus).
What treatments have been effective for your lupus?

I am a 52 yr old female who was diagnosed with (SLE) Lupus 6 months ago. I was constantly in pain, hips, elbows, fingers ankles and groin and had fevers, headaches and chills and my hair was falling out in clumps. I became very depressed. I went to several doctors who just gave me antibiotics and antidepressants. I finally searched my symptoms which guided me towards Lupus. I asked my doctor if I could possibly have Lupus...a blood test for ANA antigens was done and I basically had diagnosed myself. I am taking hydroxychloroquine twice a day for treatment. I tried, but cannot take the anti-inflammatory drugs. I still try to live a normal and productive life..

Published: April 30

Prednisone and plaquenil have been effective treatments for me..