Canker Sores - Symptoms and Signs

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Canker Sores.
What symptoms and signs did you experience with canker sores?

I have been getting canker sores for several years. They are on the sides of my tongue and inside my cheeks. Very painful. My allergist said I was allergic to sodium lauryl sulfate in toothpaste and to purchase Spry toothpaste at the health store. It worked. She also gave me Diflucan to take and it worked quickly. She also prescribed a mouthwash - Magic mouthwash - with lidocaine and other ingredients to lessen my pain while the sores were healing. I wish I had found her years ago..

To relieve pain for a short period of time just drink soda pop and swish it around in the afflicted area. I have been dealing with canker sore outbreaks since late 14. I’m 17 now and I still get outbreaks usually when I’m stressed out. But the more positive you are, it seems the less time they last. Just recently however I had been having a seemingly minimal outbreak than out of the blue, I was socked in the mouth. My bottom lip got busted really bad and as if it wouldn’t be bad enough by itself, the ulceration was also present to develop in the gash wound a day later. Now it is just one fat painful ulcer that takes up about 1/6 of my bottom lip area. So yeah I got a rough week ahead..