Lymphoma - Effective Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Lymphoma.
What treatment has been effective for your lymphoma?

Published: December 24

I am a 54 year old female with advanced rheumatoid arthritis. RA has similar symptoms to lymphoma, so the lymphoma was not even considered as a possibility until I had a lymph node abscess. Even then since RA causes enlarged lymph nodes it took a rapid growing lymph node and a serious illness in which an ambulance took me to the hospital for the prospect of lymphoma to be taken seriously. When the diagnosis was made I had stage 4 large diffuse B-cell non-Hodgkin's lymphoma..

I was just diagnosed with lymphoma. The only part I am afraid of is not being able to finish school. I am 49 years old and it took this long to finally believe in myself. I am also afraid for my only child. I am not sure she can handle this..