GERD - Symptoms and Signs

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Acid Reflux (GERD).
What were your GERD symptoms and signs?

Published: June 19

My GERD problem started after a severe cough for about two months. My doctor said it was due to an allergy which with some medications. My cough eventually went away but after that cough I had a strange problem at nights when I was asleep, like I couldn't swallow my saliva or like my throat was paralyzed. At first I was so scared and I panicked then I managed to try to swallow my saliva. It was so terrifying I went to the doctor and he said it's because of stress and depression. Then I started to feel something stuck in my throat constantly and clearing my throat. It's annoying especially when I eat food; I can feel the food stuck in my throat. My ENT doctor did laryngoscopy and said everything is ok. Then I had an endoscopy and I was diagnosed with GERD, but I don't have any acid burning feeling. Now I am taking omeprazole for two weeks but it hasn't help me. I also deal with anxiety and taking clonazepam and propranolol. These have helped me to be less worried and more relaxed because I was scared to death regarding my problem; I thought it was cancer. Anyway I still have problems and after eating food I burp a lot which is a new thing to me. I really don't know what to do and what kind of specialist can help me..

Published: March 24

I have the following symptoms, possibly GERD. Pain in the lower part of my back, burning sensation in the stomach and back of my throat, feeling like I'm about to gag/vomit, regurgitating food, nausea, upset stomach, headaches, lightheadedness, dizziness, abnormal bowel movements, pain in the lower abdomen, and feeling of a lump in my throat. I have been to an ENT who does not think it is ENT related. A neurologist treats my headaches and has tried to treat my dizziness. An allergist has told me I am allergic to certain weeds, trees, and grass. My general doctor does not know what it is. I am at a loss right now because I have had these symptoms for almost a year. I have not found a direct correlation to these symptoms. I am on omeprazole, allergy medicine and headache medicine. I am a 25 year old female and wish I knew what was wrong with me..