Kidney Infection - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Kidney Infection.
What treatment was effective for your kidney infection?

My kidney infection started with low back and flank pain. I couldn't lie in bed for more than an hour without being in excruciating pain but due to disc problems and polycystic ovarian disease the kidneys never crossed my mind until the dark, foul urine started. Turned out it was a serious kindness infection. I was given antibiotics that cleared it up, but I’m going back to the doctor tomorrow. I had no other symptoms, no burning during urination, no bladder pain or frequent urination. The only symptom that told me kidney infection was the color and odor of the urine..

Published: December 27

I had a kidney infection 3 months ago. I felt better for a while then it started up again. It strikes without warning and it hurts from my right side all the way around to my lower back. I feel nauseous and tired for an episode then it goes away again. This happens mainly at night but does it in the day periodically. I just hope I feel better soon..