Cirrhosis of the Liver - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Cirrhosis.
What treatment has been effective for your cirrhosis?

I am 18 years old. A month and a half before I was getting ready to graduate my mama was diagnosed with cirrhosis of the liver. She's an alcoholic and her daily drinking was the cause of it. Her skin was yellow, the whites of her eyes were olive green, and she looked 9 months pregnant. She was given the expectation to live a month. She has 3 kids, me, a 12 year old, and a 6 year old. In a fight to live she stayed 5 days in the hospital in detox. She then went to rehabilitation for a month and a half. She got out 3 days before me graduation. She's now out and has been sober for a little over 3 months. When she reaches 6 months of sobriety she'll then be on a liver transplant list. Her skin, eye color, and belly has returned to normal. I'm lucky to have her. She's a living miracle at this point. The doctors are amazed at her health. We continue to hope for not only her health but her strength and sobriety because one more sip will kill her. This disease is curable. The patient must be willing to fight for their life!.

Published: December 16

I was diagnosed with end-stage liver disease four years ago. I have not had any alcohol since 2012. I needed to have a procedure which gave me time and relief. You need to make an effort to stop. Do whatever it takes. Get mental health counseling. Meetings did not work for me. Change your environment. This is how I managed. Also, keep your appointments and be honest with your doctor..