Diverticulitis (Diverticulosis) - Surgery Recovery

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Diverticulitis (Diverticulosis).
Please describe your recovery after surgery for diverticulitis.

Published: December 15

I had 2 attacks about a few months apart and was told to have the surgery. I did, was hospitalized for nine days and was back two days later with an infection. I had laparoscopic, supposedly by the best in Boston. They cut a hole two inches deep. I had visiting nurses for 6 weeks come and pack it. I now have had three attacks in four months and having surgery again 23 months to the day of my last colon resection..

Published: April 06

I suffered diverticulitis for over a week, thinking I had an impaction. After numerous enemas and drinking mineral oil, I went to the hospital. Stayed there 6 days on antibiotics and am awaiting colon surgery in the next 6 weeks. I am praying the infection goes down and when I go back on a solid diet that it does not start back up!.