Carpal Tunnel Syndrome - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.
What were your carpal tunnel syndrome symptoms?

I am now 32 years old. When I was 25 the carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS) in my right hand was so bad I had pains all the way up to my shoulder, and I lost feeling in my thumb, pointer, middle and half the ring finger. It also felt as if I had I ring around my middle finger. I had the release done at 25 and they found a cyst in the tunnel and removed it. So far it has been fine until about a month ago. I also have CTS in my left and had a shot of cortisone back when I was 25, but recently I have started to have the same symptoms in my left hand as I did in my right. I think overworking my right hand to take it easy on my left is making my right hand sore. I had 2 shots of cortisone in my left wrist within the last 2.5 months. I do not want the surgery but maybe it's just a cyst, who knows. CTS is a horrible thing..

It started as numbness and tingling in fingers then developed to extreme pain from shoulder down to fingers along with numbness. The pain is excruciating when I am sleeping. I wake up constantly to try and shake the numbness and pain away. This all started when I was pregnant with my first child. Will consult an orthopedist soon and am I am very much considering having surgery..