Cellulitis - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Cellulitis.
What treatment was effective for your cellulitis?

I have cellulitis on my leg which first started as a white spot that I thought was nothing. After two days it started hurting and the area around went red. I couldn't stand on that leg or I would get pains that felt like my skin was get stretched then it snaps. I thought it was going to go away by itself but it didn't and it started getting worse. One night I came home, the spot popped, watery pink blood came out and it wouldn’t stop. So I went to my general physician and they gave me antibiotics, cleaned it and put a plaster on it every 3 days. I don't get pains any more but it hasn't healed yet. I've been going to doctors since the middle of September and I still go to get it plastered. The last time I saw my leg with the cellulitis spot it was healed but it was still pink round it..

I have a bad case of Cellulitus. I needed 7 days in hospital - as an outpatient - and required 2 separate IV bags. I am now on Apo-Cephalix 500MG pills. There is heavy blistering over a 20 inch square area. I had chronic Fever and Migraine for 6 days, and I would be non-functional without Tylenol 3. People ask about sudden "pain." That only happens in blister cases. When you elevate and rest, healing commencing within the blistered areas. When you stand up or move the healing is breached. The pain is intense but goes away in a few seconds. You can somewhat avoid that by moving and standing up as slow as possible. Blisters eventually combine before breaking..