Cellulitis - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Cellulitis.
What treatment was effective for your cellulitis?

I have a bad case of Cellulitus. I needed 7 days in hospital - as an outpatient - and required 2 separate IV bags. I am now on Apo-Cephalix 500MG pills. There is heavy blistering over a 20 inch square area. I had chronic Fever and Migraine for 6 days, and I would be non-functional without Tylenol 3. People ask about sudden "pain." That only happens in blister cases. When you elevate and rest, healing commencing within the blistered areas. When you stand up or move the healing is breached. The pain is intense but goes away in a few seconds. You can somewhat avoid that by moving and standing up as slow as possible. Blisters eventually combine before breaking..

I awoke at midnight with severe chills and shaking, also a 102 fever. I went to the emergency room and later into a regular room but was immediately transferred to the ICU. My blood pressure was dropping to 70 and I was being infused with unknown fluids. Eventually I was returned to the previous room as my blood pressure stabilized and finally got up to 100 plus. After 4 days in the hospital I was sent home with a pump and a bag of penicillin for 16 days which pumped penicillin into my blood 24 hours a day. Finally the bag and pump were removed and I am returning to normal and finally feeling better. My doctor said I was close to death in the hospital due to my blood pressure dropping..