Renal Cell Cancer - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Renal Cell Cancer.
What treatment has been effective for your renal cell cancer?

I was diagnosed with papillary thyroid cancer in April, had a thyroidectomy without radioactive iodine treatment because my cancer was so small. Then in June, out of the blue I had blood in my urine and severe pain on my left side. A CT scan showed a 2 cm mass on my left kidney. And later an MRI confirmed cancer. I was diagnosed with non-aggressive renal cancer and had a nephrectomy on July 1. My urologist and endocrinologist do not think that the cancers are related. But it makes me wonder. My urologist said that usually only 1 percent of people have pain and blood with a tumor that small and that kidney cancer is found a lot by accident or when the tumor is in stage 3 to 4..

I'm 59, On March 29, 2011, I had finish my workout at the gym. I went to wash my hands and use the bathroom. I looked down in the toilet and it was full of blood. I rush myself to the hospital to ER room. They asked for a urine specimen, however when the test came back my specimen was all blood no urine. ER did a CT Scan and found a Mass on my Right Kidney and Bladder. Seven days later had an operation on the bladder to remove old blood clots (no Mass). But my Right Kidney had to be removed. I was diagnosis with Renal Mass Carcinoma Cell. It has been five months since I had my surgery and I Thank God every day for another day and chance at life..