Renal Cell Cancer - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Renal Cell Cancer.
What treatment has been effective for your renal cell cancer?

I'm 59, On March 29, 2011, I had finish my workout at the gym. I went to wash my hands and use the bathroom. I looked down in the toilet and it was full of blood. I rush myself to the hospital to ER room. They asked for a urine specimen, however when the test came back my specimen was all blood no urine. ER did a CT Scan and found a Mass on my Right Kidney and Bladder. Seven days later had an operation on the bladder to remove old blood clots (no Mass). But my Right Kidney had to be removed. I was diagnosis with Renal Mass Carcinoma Cell. It has been five months since I had my surgery and I Thank God every day for another day and chance at life..

I was 49 years old when I was diagnosed with renal cell carcinoma. Had a CT to rule out diverticulitis. Instead a spot was found in my left kidney. It was caught very early so only a portion of my kidney needed to be removed. I thank God every day for allowing this to be found. I work in oncology so this has made it possible for me to connect more closely with the patients..