Brain Cancer - Prognosis

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Brain Cancer.
What is the prognosis for your brain cancer?

Published: June 16

It was just 138 days from diagnosis to death! My healthy 61 year old husband, never sick in 30 years of marriage other than a yearly cold, had a focal seizure. Scan showed primary grade 4 malignant brain tumor! Surgery on brain couldn’t get it all (parietal lobe), so he had 21 daily treatments out of town for chemotherapy pill, then radiation which brought on vomiting. He has unbalanced walk, sleepless nights and headaches. There were many ambulance rides to local emergency room. Scan taken on November 3rd showed excessive swelling and spreading of disease. Stopped treatments went into palliative care, the tumor never spread outside of his brain but that tumor took over. He couldn’t walk, speak or feed himself. Wasted away in front of us. How could this happen so quickly! He was a husband, father and grandpa; he never had a chance! No symptoms; hard to accept. Just 138 days, less than 5 months. We are lost..

Published: April 06

I started with hydrocephalus. I had surgery for a bypass for spinal fluid that built up in my third ventricle caused by a 4th stage tumor growth. Removing the tumor that caused the hydrocephalus was not possible. I'm about to start on chemotherapy and radiation treatment at a cancer treatment center. Risk factors are being taken into consideration. But I want to live longer than the 5 years if left untreated..