Brain Cancer - Prognosis

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Brain Cancer.
What is the prognosis for your brain cancer?

Published: April 06

I started with hydrocephalus. I had surgery for a bypass for spinal fluid that built up in my third ventricle caused by a 4th stage tumor growth. Removing the tumor that caused the hydrocephalus was not possible. I'm about to start on chemotherapy and radiation treatment at a cancer treatment center. Risk factors are being taken into consideration. But I want to live longer than the 5 years if left untreated..

Published: December 02

I first had an oligodendroglioma brain tumor removed in 1987. I had a recurrent tumor removed in 2012. It was stage III and very aggressive. My first time, I had no symptoms except a single grand mal seizure during one night while sleeping. The second time I kept having TIAs and my family doctor just kept prescribing large doses of Coumadin which made me feel worse. I found my neurosurgeon, who finally was able to help with surgery. Now I have fluid on my brain with mass effect. Nobody believes me when I tell them how bad I feel right now. I just want to be normal again. .