Atrial Flutter - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Atrial Flutter.
What treatment has been effective for your atrial flutter?

I'm 46 years old. I started having trouble with my heart beating fast and losing rhythm about two years ago. This was about the same time I started menopause. I went to a heart doctor and was told I have SVT. He didn't put me on meds so I started writing down every time I had a spell. It would happen randomly and the only thing I noticed was that I was drinking a lot of caffeine and smoking way too much. Now I’m cutting down on both and I hope this will help..

Published: April 18

I had my first episode of atrial fib nine years ago. I converted with IV meds and was put on Coumadin. Eventually I was able to get off Coumadin as there were no further attacks. Until 2009, it happened again. I converted with meds. Just recently I had another episode of fib. Now I wearing a cardiac event monitor and it is showing episodes of atrial flutter. My cardiologist wants me to take Tambocor at the start of flutter. Does anyone know anything about this med. It scares me..