Atrial Flutter - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Atrial Flutter.
What treatment has been effective for your atrial flutter?

I have had atrial fibrillation/flutter for 10 years, I have had multiple ablations, none that lasted much longer than a few months. I just had a mini maze 3 weeks ago, which is the first part of the new hybrid ablation. The mini maze is major heart surgery. The second part will be another ablation through the groin, like the others but they claim together the success rate is 95 percent. I left the hospital in flutter and have felt terrible since. I have no energy and can walk 10 feet and feel very short of breath. You feel like you can't get a deep breath which is driving me nuts. I'm a nurse and I probably know just enough to scare me so maybe that's making this worse. I will see my surgeon and general physician this Thursday, I can't wait to see what is going on..

After dealing with A-Fib for two years, my cardiologist decided that I was a great candidate for Cryo Ablation. It has been 12 and 1\2 months and I have no more A-Fib. The doctor took me off all meds six weeks after the procedure. I still have the occasional PAC/PVC, but they subside with taking a Metoprolol as needed and relaxing until the symptoms subside, which is usually 10 - 15 minutes..