Sjogren Syndrome - Describe Your Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Sjogren Syndrome.
Please describe your experience with sjogren syndrome.

I was diagnosed five years ago with Sjogren’s syndrome and have lost most of my sight. I have primary Sjogren’s, which went undiagnosed for years till my eyes and corneas melted. I take 8 mg of methotrexate once a week and use Tears eye drops. But I also take omega three oil, juice, lots of greens, and walk 112 stairs a day. I am telling you diet and exercise help. Seriously, do not let them tell you different. I have one of the best rheumatologist, he is wonderful and is looking after me. I get blood check every month and I just notice this year that I am achy but I think it is overdoing the stairs. Diet and exercise help. I wonder how many of you had thyroid disease before being diagnosed, I think there is a link..

I was diagnosed about 8 years ago. The Evoxac I take is a life saver, it allows me to at least function, but heaven help me if I miss a dose. I also take large doses of iron for the fatigue. Funny how one missed dose and it takes 3 days to catch up on my energy. I just dealt with the symptoms for these years not realizing some of the symptoms I thought were just age(I'm just 54) are actually Sjogrens symptoms. I hate whiners so most of the time I keep things to myself. It's reassuring reading others comments knowing I'm not the only one suffering. My joints in my hands hurt all the time. I spend most of my days on the computer at work so you just endure. My hip joints have really been bad this summer, thought it might be bursitis, but I'm sure it’s the Sjogrens. I could be much worse. I am able to get out of bed every morning and thank God for it. I just take one day at a time, and am determined this WILL NOT get the best of me..