Sjogren Syndrome - Describe Your Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Sjogren Syndrome.
Please describe your experience with sjogren syndrome.

I was diagnosed about 8 years ago. The Evoxac I take is a life saver, it allows me to at least function, but heaven help me if I miss a dose. I also take large doses of iron for the fatigue. Funny how one missed dose and it takes 3 days to catch up on my energy. I just dealt with the symptoms for these years not realizing some of the symptoms I thought were just age(I'm just 54) are actually Sjogrens symptoms. I hate whiners so most of the time I keep things to myself. It's reassuring reading others comments knowing I'm not the only one suffering. My joints in my hands hurt all the time. I spend most of my days on the computer at work so you just endure. My hip joints have really been bad this summer, thought it might be bursitis, but I'm sure it’s the Sjogrens. I could be much worse. I am able to get out of bed every morning and thank God for it. I just take one day at a time, and am determined this WILL NOT get the best of me..

I hate it. I was diagnosed over three years ago. I hurt a lot. My knees mostly. My eyes burn most of the time. I choke on food a lot. I take so many meds I feel like a pharmacy. I take shots also. I take B12 which really does help a lot with memory. I take methotrexate shots in the muscle of my legs once a week. I take hydrocordoquine twice a day. I hate multi vitamins. I take pills for my eyes, folic acid, and numerous other meds. I get sick all the time because my immune system cannot fight off anything. I have lots of stomach problems with bowel blockages, acid reflux, and pain. I take lidoderm patches for pain and sometimes I give myself allergy pills to knock myself out for pain. I feel useless and I hate not being able to take care of myself sometimes. I see no end in sight and what I wanted to do and be is a memory. I am 41 years old and ready to throw in the towel..