Urinary Tract Infections - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs).
What symptoms and signs did you experience with your urinary tract infection?

I have had UTI's in the past; it seems that my mom, sister and I are prone to getting them. They're always extremely painful. The last time I had one was after I had sex with my boyfriend, I always urinate after sex and keep myself clean, so I didn't understand why I was having UTI symptoms: frequent and strong urge to urinate, burning upon urination with only a few drops, and the pain would get so bad after urination that I could barely stand, I tried everything from a hot bath to a cool cloth to chugging a whole bottle of cranberry juice! It didn't help; I was stuck in the bathroom for days. I went to the doctor and they tested me for UTI and Bacterial Vaginosis, I was showing no symptoms of BV, no abnormal smell and only a slight discharge but nothing out of the ordinary. Even so, I tested positive for BV and not a UTI. I took the medicine and recovered. More than a year later, after having a new boyfriend for that year, we separated and I had an encounter with the previous boy, the symptoms started again, I took AZO standard pills to ease the pain until my dr's visit, when I got there I tested negative for UTI and positive for BV again. This time they gave me antibiotics for both and it seemed to go away. However, a month later, the symptoms are back. They never fully went away, but I ran out of antibiotics so I figured I was better. But I'm still stuck in the bathroom, this time crying uncontrollably. I still don't know what is wrong with me..

Published: June 21

I had one not long ago and now again. I suffer from a prolapse of the vagina, bladder and bowel and have diverticulitis which I think contributes since everything is so closely associated. I use baby wipes but it hasn't helped..