Tinnitus - Causes

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Tinnitus (Ringing in the Ears).
What was the cause of your tinnitus?

Published: April 17

I have an arterial blockage and it might be the culprit from what I've read so far, I'll see when I get the stenting done and see if it goes away. I've had the worst habits for a long time and I think it's catching up to me. I love salt, I've been smoking for too long and lived a sedentary life for quite a while. I feel for you all, this thing is very annoying..

Published: April 07

I am in my late 60s and I have had this tinnitus problem for years. I have had both ears tested, and my inner ear is damaged. The hearing aids only help for certain sounds. My family is trying to be helpful every time I say, 'what did you say?' Certain words when they speak I cannot understand, thus sometimes the whole sentence is lost to me, sad. Like all the others, night time is the worst. Thank goodness for closed captioning! Now that I have read all the other testimonies, I can accept it a little better..