Tinnitus - Causes

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Tinnitus.
What was the cause of your tinnitus?

I fainted and fell on my back hitting my head on the concrete and causing a cut on the middle of my lower head. It has never healed properly and I have ringing in my ears, can't sleep well, have bloating in bowels, eyes are always tired but the eye doctor says they are very healthy. Thank you for any help you can give me, my doctor appointment is over a week away still although I have been waiting several weeks now. .

Childhood head injury caused hearing loss in both ears. Due to the various symptoms of Tinnitus (lack of focus/concentration, dizziness etc). I have had to stop working. The loud sounds have caused vertigo and have brought me to tears. I am taking medication for the vertigo and am told it should eventually help the tinnitus. I am striving to be more mindful of my activities and what I eat etc. I think about people who are dealing with worse and resolve that I can strive to deal with this until I am healed..