Kidney Stones - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Kidney Stones.
For kidney stones, what were the symptoms and signs you experienced?

Published: June 05

I have been experiencing kidney pain for two weeks now. A trip to the emergency room and I was told I have a kidney stone, after a CT scan. The doctor said the stone should not be causing the level of pain that I'm experiencing as I have no other symptoms except nausea. It's also hard and painful to sleep on the affected side I am not sure why. I was not given any advice when I was discharged from hospital so am in the dark as to how long I need to put up with the pain. It’s time for a second opinion..

Published: June 02

I suffered with my first kidney stone when I was 8 months pregnant; yeah, fun! It took a while to pass but it eventually did on its own. Since then I've had a couple more stones. Two weeks ago I was hit with that familiar pain in the back that wrapped around the side. I had the sweats, vomiting and shakes. Plus I had a bad infection with lots of blood in my urine (going on 3 weeks now for that). I went to emergency and had x-ray, ultrasound and CT scan. It was determined that I have a kidney stone just over 3 mm. I wonder if it is possible to pass this sized stone without any pain. I still have blood on and off and will be referred to a kidney specialist soon..