Hemorrhoids - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Hemorrhoids.
What are your hemorrhoid symptoms?

Published: June 21

I have a singular hemorrhoid, asymptomatic except extreme pain. I have never experienced one before. It has a palpable pulse, hard to reduce (push back in), I am beginning to think it may be a prolapsed tumor. It started hurting yesterday. I've had a gastrointestinal bleed, unrelated to hemorrhoids, believed to be from medication for my blood pressure or possibly another cause. I'm also a nurse with some experience with these things, but not as a patient. First timer..

I have external hemorrhoids. Not sure if I have internal ones. Lately when I shower and use hot water to wash the soap away I bleed really badly. That is the only time. The hemorrhoids shrink but do not go away. I am getting concerned because the amount of blood is staggering. I never have any pain, itching, etc., just the swollen hemorrhoids and the bleeding. I have to stand in the shower until finally I take a towel and cover the area so I can rinse down the shower and get out of it to dry. I am on Plavix so that may be the excess, but boy, it is getting scary. I am going to call my gastroenterologist on Monday..