Hiatal Hernia - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Hiatal Hernia.
What are your hiatal hernia symptoms?

I have just had an upper GI done and have been diagnosed with a hiatal hernia. It first began almost 2 years ago when I had symptoms of a heart attack. Numbing in my left arm and intense pain close to my heart, as well as dizziness. After going through every heart test known to man, I was cleared of heart trouble. My Dr did tell me to follow up with a gastroenterologist because sometimes gastro problems mimic heart pain. What strikes me as odd is that I have never had heartburn, acid reflux, and diarrhea or have had any repercussions from eating anything! So I did nothing and I have been fine until 6 months ago when I was treated for h pylori. It took about a month for it to go away, but ever since then my stomach has not been the same. I have what I can only describe as tightness in my stomach, almost like it is constricted if that makes any sense. Recently, I lost about 9 lbs when I lost my appetite. I would only eat when I felt dizzy and I knew this was messed up so I told my Dr about it. My liver enzymes and proteins were slightly elevated when she ran my blood work the first time. I have not gotten the results of my second round of blood work after I completed a round of antibiotics for a urinary tract infection. It will be interesting to see if this liver/protein thing is from the hernia or the infection. So now that I have been diagnosed with this hernia then I will try and follow the food guidelines as I have always eaten whatever I wanted. I am supposed to use Malanta or Prilosec and possibly raise my head higher at night too...even though I don't have reflux!.

I suffer from hiatal hernia pain. I get it in my back, chest, jaw, teeth and ribs. I don't get to sleep at night..