Atrial Fibrillation - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Atrial Fibrillation (AFib).
What are your atrial fibrillation symptoms?

Published: December 29

I am short of breath and it is even worse going up stairs because of atrial fibrillation. I also am getting lazy and depressed, because I cannot do the things I normally do. I had to retire from my drycleaner business. I just couldn't do 10 hours a day anymore..

Published: December 10

I had severe palpitations for 3 years and my cardiologist ignored them until I had a severe episode of atrial fibrillation. I had to wear a monitor for a month before anything showed up on the last day. I was then put on warfarin to avoid stroke. I continued to have severe episodes and finally one morning I was so weak; my pulse dropped to 35. I called the cardiologist and spoke with his nurse who told me to get to the emergency room (ER). I kept pulsing out in the ER. First they put a patch pacemaker on. Then within an hour I was taken to the operation room and had a temporary pacemaker inserted. Next day I had a permanent one. About 4 years ago I had an AV (atrioventricular) ablation; means they burn the AV node so I wouldn't feel the ablation. Finally I felt much better. Now I am starting to feel extreme exhaustion for the past 3 days, it lasts several hours. I cannot even sit up and read when this happens. I am calling the doctor tomorrow to make sure my heart is not out of rhythm. I on warfarin, diltiazem, Valium, and Tylenol PM plus B supplements. I hate to live with this exhaustion; don't feel like I am really living..