Heart Attack - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Heart Attack.
What treatment did you undergo after your heart attack?

I suffered my first heart attack 3.5 weeks ago. Half of my heart clogged because of high cholesterol and smoking. It started out with a constant chest pain. I began to get very worried as it worsened. I now have two stents in my heart..

Published: April 13

At 36, never considered I would have a heart attack, especially not after I had visited a cardiologist with complaints of chest pain. He examined me and said all I suffered from was indigestion and a “low tolerance for pain.” Believe me, that embarrassed me so much that six months later when I started to have pain in both arms and in my throat and jaw, I chalked it up to allergies. This went on for 3 days until I collapsed in my living room and sweat began to pour out off me like a buckets of water. My husband called 911 and thankfully I had a different cardiologist that placed two stents in my 98% blocked artery. My previous doctor had disregarded my family history of diabetes (my grandmother, mother and sister all died of complications) and heart disease (which killed my father at the age of 46). Now have an extremely competent cardiologist who guided me through necessary bypass surgery and other ailments, including getting me in touch with a good endocrinologist for my insulin-dependent (type 2) diabetes. DO NOT LET ANYONE tell you that you have a low tolerance for pain...make them check you out anyway!!! It could mean saving your life.....