Heart Attack - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Heart Attack.
What treatment did you undergo after your heart attack?

I had a heart attack. It started with a couple of days of off-and-on chest pain right in the center of chest. So I thought it was heartburn. I talked myself into thinking that for two days. On the third day I told myself if this kept up I had better go see a doctor. So I went all day with chest pains off and on. I was up watching TV at 3:00 am thinking my chest was hurting more than earlier in the day. So I tried to lie down when I felt this very bad pain in my chest, very tight feeling which then traveled up to my jaw. I also felt sweaty and sick. So I woke my husband and had him call 911. The paramedics were at my house very quickly, started an IV, and got my pain under control. I had 90 percent blockage and a stent was put in. My advice is, if you have chest pain go to hospital or call 911. I'm doing well now on maintenance medicine..

I suffered my first heart attack 3.5 weeks ago. Half of my heart clogged because of high cholesterol and smoking. It started out with a constant chest pain. I began to get very worried as it worsened. I now have two stents in my heart..