Genital Warts - Symptoms and Signs

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Genital Warts (HPV Infection).
What symptoms and signs did you experience with genital warts?

I was diagnosed with herpes several years ago, and treated with meds at that time. It was 11 years after my ex and I separated, and I was told this would lie dormant for 12 years. Now I am having little bumps in the vaginal area that are painful, and I am wondering if this could be warts..

Published: June 12

I noticed little bumps on my vagina area just outside and they were dark. At first I thought they were just moles as I have a lot of moles on my skin. One day I suddenly noticed that they had multiplied and I took a mirror to get a closer look. Right inside my vagina, I saw more this time, white mole like things. That's when I knew something was terribly wrong. I knew they were not normal, so I went to see my doctor and he confirmed that I had warts. It came as a shock because I hardy have sex and when I do I always use condoms. My doctor explained that the HPV can be spread even by hands. The greatest lesson I learned was to abstain and only have sex when am married..