Genital Warts - Symptoms and Signs

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Genital Warts (HPV Infection).
What symptoms and signs did you experience with genital warts?

I've had skin tags on occasion my whole life. I noticed one on my pubic mound area that grew extremely fast. That was the only one I had and it erupted like a pimple after about two weeks. Then I started getting five or six more in my genital area and went to my doctor. He immediately said they were genital warts. He froze them and wanted me back in two weeks. My girlfriend worked in a doctor’s office and got the liquid nitrogen from her office and froze them one more time about two weeks later. I've been wart free for the last two years. After my outbreak and prior to visiting the doctor I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend, and she eventually got them also. We treated her at home the same way and after two treatments they were gone. It takes about a month for all signs of the warts to go disappear. I contracted them at the age of 64..

Published: March 19

I am 99 percent sure I know who I contracted HPV from, and if I am correct, it was about 8 years ago. My first symptoms occurred 2 years later, in the form of an abnormal Pap test result. I was a little freaked because of the possibility of cancer, but my pap tests started showing normal results again after about a year and a half. I still wasn't sure that I was free of symptoms, and it appears that I was correct. This past December, I was wiping after using the bathroom, and I realized that there was a little something that I was unable to wipe away. I washed my hands and started investigating. I soon discovered a tiny cluster of slightly-raised, rough skin. I couldn't see it without a mirror, and even then, it was very difficult to see much because of the size. I could see that the little cluster appeared to be a whitish color. My immediate thought was HPV, but another part of me denied it. When February came around and there were no changes, I made an appointment with my gynecologist. It turns out that my initial reaction was correct, and I ended up having up the treatment yesterday. It was extremely fast, and not very painful at all. If you think that you could have genital warts from HPV, no matter how small they are, it is probably a good idea to get them looked at by a doctor..