Pinworms - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Pinworms.
What symptoms did you experience with pinworms?

Last week I started to feel this itchy sensation in my rectal area, and I assumed it was just because I possibly did not wipe myself well. But then it was not going away and it somewhat started to be painful. I never experienced this before. But still I shrugged it off like I did the first time. Then one night I went to the bathroom and scratched my rectum and I found one under my nail! I was horrified. As soon as I could I disposed of the wretched thing. I told a close friend. Then the next day I sought medical attention and had pinworms..

Published: June 13

It started with a sore bottom and got worse with itch redness, and skin breakdown. Then they traveled toward the vaginal area, where urination was painful and itching continued..