Transient Ischemic Attack - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Transient Ischemic Attack (Mini-Stroke).
What was the treatment for your transient ischemic attack?

I’m a 48 year old woman overweight (301bs) but fit. I walk miles with my dogs and have a very physical job, I have type 2 diabetes which until I had pneumonia was very well controlled and I was losing weight nicely, 2-3 lbs a week. I was admitted into hospital with blood sugars of 39! Insulin was given intravenously and within 24 hours was down to 15. About 8 weeks later I still felt weak and was exhausted. On 2-2-11 I woke feeling terribly dizzy and my eyesight was horrendous, I was staggering around like a drunk, and I never touch the stuff! My right arm and leg were dead weights and the right side of my face was numb and tingling, I couldn't talk and was dribbling, must of lasted 10-15 mins. My doctor was brilliant and got me to stroke clinic within a few hours, ecg and scan were normal and no build up of fats in my arteries. Awaiting MRI but 2 weeks later I feel as dead as a dodo! Eyesight still awful, weak, terribly fatigued. Clopadogril prescribed as I’m asthmatic and cannot have aspirin. I’m terrified as my dad had 7 of these and ultimately died!.

I am 46 yrs old and this is my second symptom, my cholesterol has been over 232 and I have been on lipitor for a year. I just had another symtom, I fell out of my bed and then fell again hitting my head, I finally made it to my bed. But the last time my md doctor said it was vertigo, but this has lasted two days. I need help. .