Gastritis - Describe Your Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Gastritis.
Please describe your experience with gastritis.

I get regular flare ups of gastritis, usually caused by alcohol, coffee or sometimes medications. I start to vomit uncontrollably for 24/48 hours. I get burning, gnawing pain in upper stomach and into back. I take Nexium (esomeprazole) every day, twice a day with flare up and anti-nausea meds. I seem to get a really bad flare up at least every month, but mild flares week to week. This makes me so miserable, as after a bad attack it can take me a week to recover..

Published: March 03

Recently I had an EGD and was told I had gastritis (which I had already figured out for myself). Doctor did not seem worried, but he is not the one who feels like constantly needing to belch, vomit, or just give up on food, period. My appetite is near nonexistent (which is a blessing in disguise) and when I do eat it doesn’t take much to make me feel full and bloated. A lot of times I will even feel dizzy and light headed after eating, I thought that was weird until I read more about gastritis and found that sometimes that can happen. I am tired of pain in my stomach and being told it is nothing to worry about. I have high markers for several autoimmune disorders, stay stressed, and take medications that irritate my stomach. I used to take aspirin like candy, and I am around someone who has signs of H. pylori, all the time. I have got to get this fixed!.