Gastritis - Describe Your Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Gastritis.
Please describe your experience with gastritis.

I was diagnosed with H pylori 5 years ago and it was treated successfully with antibiotics, but it has come back again and I am taking anti B's again. The first time it gave me a duodenal ulcer, this time I have gastritis because I am told it has developed lower down in the stomach. My symptoms are abdominal pain which moves around, but the predominant symptoms are a burning and acute gnawing feeling in the stomach, nausea and loss of appetite. I have an idea that stress could be a trigger for H Pylori because it has emerged both times after I have been under considerable stress. I am told that an Alkaline diet is the best way to combat the bacteria - in other words don't give it the food it likes and thrives on. I am seriously reviewing my diet at the moment. A list of Alkaline and Acid foods can be found on the net. It has been a very useful guide for me and I am hoping it will help in the battle to eradicate this horrible disease and will hopefully prevent it developing into cancer..

I have pain in my upper left stomach and between the shoulder blades. I also have heaviness in my chest after eating and have recently felt as if my food was stuck in my throat. I had an upper endoscopy performed and was told I had a mild gastritis and that that could be what was causing these symptoms..