Chalazion (Lump in Eyelid) - Pain

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Chalazion (Lump in Eyelid).
Did your chalazion cause any pain?

Published: April 06

I've had a stye in the inner, lower eyelid for two weeks now. We bought OTC stye ointment but it hasn't helped. Two chalazions are next to each other in their own pockets. It is very painful, hard and presses on my eyeball causing headaches and feelings of sharp glass and blurred vision. I am going to the eye doctor tomorrow and hopefully get it removed. Will post again after appointment..

Published: March 19

I had a large lump on the outside of my eye lower lid and it was treated with oral antibiotics and cream and drops. I had it surgically removed only to have it return within 5 days. It was removed again and 4 days later both eyes had. The new eye chalazion has the whole under eye blocked and very sore. I saw the ophthalmologist again so I am on more antibiotics and both eyes will have surgery. I must stay on treatment for 6 weeks and also he told me to take flax seed every day. The new chalazion is very painful and keeps bursting. I am having warm water washes and doing everything, but not having much luck..