Chalazion(Lump in Eyelid) - Pain

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Chalazion (Lump in Eyelid).
Did your chalazion cause any pain?

I had it on inside lower lid, a nurse at my work said it was most likely a Chalazion, I thought it was a sty. I did have pain the first week and it blew up to a noticeable lump with a white puss looking dot in the middle. It has gone way down with a small white dot and is not really painful anymore. This is the end of week 2. Because I didn't look into what this was right away I have not been using the warm towel treatment, will start tonight. I thought my contact and makeup was prolonging the healing..

I have had what I thought to be recurring sty's in my right eye that have been treated with antibiotic drops and oral antibiotics only to keep coming back for the last couple of years. Saw an ophthalmologist and was told it was a chalazion and needed to be surgically removed. Had it done yesterday shots in eye were uncomfortable but tolerable. Having a bit of swelling and bruising today so stayed home from work. Hope it doesn't come back..