Abscess - Cause

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Abscess.
What was the cause of your abscess?

My daughter, now 6, had many MRSA abscesses when she was a baby and a few of my other kids had some as well. She only ended up in the hospital for surgical drainage once and a couple of times in the ER for IV antibiotics. I learned how to drain them at home before they became too bad but she was on Clindamycin many times. We found that there are carriers of MRSA and you carry it in your nose so if you continually get them make sure you wash your hands frequently especially during a cold or runny nose. Also you can put an antibiotic cream in your nose to prevent spread of infection. Even though she has Autism we finally got my daughter out of diapers which stopped the big infections and we take good care of her skin..

Published: June 26

Last year I noticed a red spot on my abdomen. A few days later, it was looking red, hot and painful. Later I noticed it was getting harder and harder. Having some medical knowledge, I knew it was an abscess. I was feeling sick, nauseated and I had chills. I went to urgent care and got a dose of IV antibiotics. I went to see my primary doctor and he sent me directly to urgent care to have it drained. I ended up getting wound care for a month. .