Perforated Eardrum - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Perforated Eardrum.
What treatment was effective for your perforated eardrum?

Published: March 04

I am a 63 years old woman with perforated ear drum as the ENT doctor said. It will start with itching and then pop it will start draining. It will be treated, then in a week or two it will be draining again with pains, and I didn't have ear problem when I was a child. I cannot really say what causes it, but I was one time a secretary answering phone calls..

From the age of three to five years old I suffered constant ears nose and throat infections. I had green and black pus from my ear that smelt terrible. Every morning I'd wake with the pillow stuck to my ear. Then from five to eight years old, I had tonsillitis. I had my tonsils removed at age eight, but by then my eardrum had a huge hole in it I am totally deaf in the ear..