Whiplash - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Whiplash.
Please describe the symptoms related to your whiplash?

It started with neck and shoulder pain. I wasn't able to turn my neck to one side very well. I started carrying one shoulder higher than the other. 15 years later, I had muscle spasms and back pain across the blades. A dowager's hump near the injury site. 15 years later, shooting nerve pains occurred during some wrist and hand use. My hands tingled a lot. Chronic blue bruises across the back. Trouble twisting to one side. My arms rotated forward like an ape, chronic pain interfering with sleep. Adhesions, contusions, a rotation problem, referred nerve pain, a couple incidences with non-temperature related peripheral vascular dilation, a couple years of migraines, alcoholism to numb the pain..

I am a 20 year old girl. While I was on vacation in TN I got into a very serious Go-Kart crash on the track on Aug 12, 2011. I was in severe pain from the top of my head all the way down my spine to my tail bone. The ride operators called 9-1-1 to get an ambulance. I was rushed to ER. The doctors did 32 x-rays of my head neck and back which showed a severe whiplash and strained and inflamed muscles from the top of my skull to my tailbone. The doctors sent me home on pain meds to help me get some relief..