Trigeminal Neuralgia (Facial Nerve Pain) - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Trigeminal Neuralgia (Facial Nerve Pain).
What were the symptoms of your trigeminal neuralgia (facial nerve pain)?

At first I thought it was a toothache or maybe an abscess or gum disease. I tried rinsing my mouth and started taking pain tablets. The pain became unbearable yet I couldn't pinpoint exactly where it was. After a visit to the dentist that didn't reveal anything I consulted my doctor. I was sure I had cancer as it was so painful. Luckily my doctor knew what was wrong immediately and explained neuralgia to me. I am now taking tablets and feel that it is helping already..

I just started having this severe pain in my lower left jaw area. I went to the endodontic because I just knew it had to be my teeth and he could not find anything wrong. He told me it could be some type of neuralgia, so I looked up this site. After reading all this I think this is what I have. Sunday and Monday the pain was horrible then Tuesday no pain at all, now today it has started again not as bad as Monday but it is there waiting to take over. So I think I will make an appointment with a neurologist. Thanks for all the info!! .