Hemorrhoids - Effective Treatments

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Hemorrhoids.
What kinds of treatments have been effective for your hemorrhoids?

Two months ago I developed external hemorrhoids. I tried Preparation H with and without biodyne, Destin and cortisone cream. Nothing worked, they would shrink a little and then get large again. I had almost decided to go to the doctor when I came across a web page that was talking about iodine. Now the type they mentioned was SSKI (saturated solution of potassium iodide). This is not available over the counter in the US so we got a bottle of good old fashion iodine tincture at Walgreens. It is available at any store. At first I followed the 20 drops to 2 oz of olive oil. It burned just a tad, nothing unbearable. It has been 3 days and a few of the smaller hemorrhoids have actually disappeared. The large one I have is now much smaller, it is not gone but shrinking quickly. Plus they stopped hurting and itching. I have increased the ration of iodine as of today, and it burned a little more but still bearable. I put the solution directly on the hemorrhoids. I hope this will help someone. There is a whole list of things iodine can help and this is just one of them..

I am a female in my 20s who doesn't exercise at all but eats decently. I started to suffer from recurring hemorrhoids randomly a year ago and it was so painful I would wake up from my sleep. It was painful in any position, sitting down, standing up, and lying on bed (side way, face up, face down, etc.) Walking around did seem to help, however. In the beginning, I used Vaseline to seal minor bleeding and tear. For pain, I took Advil or acetaminophen. Then, I purchased witch hazel wipes, which were helpful to reduce swelling. I use both Tucks (smaller sheets but more moist) and Preparation H (larger sheet but kind of dry). I prefer Tucks. I also purchased suppositories but found it painful to insert it. I am now going on a 100 percent cold-pressed juice diet and drinking 3 L of water per day to clean and rest my gastrointestinal tract. Hopefully, hemorrhoid will be gone for good!.