Rheumatoid Arthritis - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Rheumatoid Arthritis.
What was the treatment for your rheumatoid arthritis?

I first lost my ability to stand up from a sitting position due to total body weakness. The physician I saw that same week ran a blood test and told me it appeared to be rheumatoid arthritis (RA). The arthritis specialty office would not see me for 3 months to see if the diagnosis was real. It's been 8 years now and every month I receive an infusion named Orencia, a biologic, that keeps me functioning at my normal level with very few flare ups. This physician specializes in RA and I have two friends who have been treated by him for 30 plus years. He's very dedicated and knowledgeable. Thank you doctor..

Published: March 24

My pain doctor wanted me to try sports physical therapy for my back rheumatoid arthritis (RA) before starting shots or medication. I began deep tissue massage, electrical stimulation, and skin scraping over the affected areas. The scraping was almost unbearable at first; but it's been a couple of months and it's now mainly annoying. The daily pain is almost gone. They say the fluids have begun circulating back in the area, allowing the RA to heal itself. I will have to apply these treatments for the rest of my life, but I am glad I tried this before medication. I suppose this method wouldn't be so successful on RA that is deeper under the surface - you'd have to ask your doctor if it would work for yours..