Pancreatitis - Describe Your Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Pancreatitis.
Please describe your experience with pancreatitis.

Published: April 01

I suddenly lost 20 pounds in 30 days during a continuous episode of diarrhea. Doctors focused on colon issues for 9 months even though CAT scans showed a damaged pancreas. No diagnosis issued and I became sicker. Doctors became disgusted with me. I don't drink alcohol. Finally, I received help via other doctors with the expensive drug Creon! Allows reasonably normal diet. This drug should be mentioned in the discussions on the website..

I have being suffering from pancreatitis since 2010, I remember the pain was constant and increasing. With time the pain was on my back and everywhere. I stayed in the hospital for a week but in a short time I returned to the hospital because pain was uncontrollable, so I got a surgery in my gall bladder because of the stones. Therefore, I have been more than 9 times in the hospital. The only problem when I appear in the hospitals I need more dosage for the pain. Also I experienced several pancreatitis attacks but hospitals are very expensive so the only thing I do is stay at my house drinking lots of water without food until the pancreas rest. And sometimes pain killers are not good enough for the pancreas. The doctors are very surprised how I am still alive without any surgery in the pancreas. The hardest thing is to stop drinking wine or any liquor, sometimes I drink and nothing happens so I feel confident but later I know that I would wake up the tiger that is sleeping (pancreas). Then I am worried about how everything will result after many times..