Osteoporosis - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Osteoporosis.
Please describe how you're treating your osteoporosis.

For osteoporosis I am working on strengthening my bones by doing weight walking with a weighted vest made for women. I am also eating a very clean diet, lots of greens, vitamin A, C, and B, all the vitamins. But I eat them in food as this way they are better absorbed by my body. And I am taking foods with vitamin K2 such as butter by Kerrygold from Ireland which is from grass fed cows and full of vitamin K2. So far my doctor said to keep it up. My bones are getting stronger and I feel stronger..

At 65 years of age I requested a bone density test to be done. I had no symptoms at all. In fact a close friend mentioned it to me. That test revealed that I do have osteoporosis. After being on Fosamax for a few years, I read that I could have degeneration of the jaw bone which concerned me and I called my doctor's office and was switched to Actonel. My condition did not improve and other medications were suggested. Currently I am using a calcium supplement hoping that my condition will improve..