Osteoporosis - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Osteoporosis.
Please describe how you're treating your osteoporosis.

At 65 years of age I requested a bone density test to be done. I had no symptoms at all. In fact a close friend mentioned it to me. That test revealed that I do have osteoporosis. After being on Fosamax for a few years, I read that I could have degeneration of the jaw bone which concerned me and I called my doctor's office and was switched to Actonel. My condition did not improve and other medications were suggested. Currently I am using a calcium supplement hoping that my condition will improve..

Published: April 26

I just finished an 8 month course of daily Forteo injections and bone density is improved..