Gastroenteritis (Stomach Flu) - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Gastroenteritis (Stomach Flu).
What treatment was effective for your gastroenteritis (stomach flu)?

Got sick 24 hours after eating Chinese food at a restaurant. More than 20 BM's and I was up 5 times in the first 24 hours. Day 2, still crampy, headachy and spent most of the time in the bathroom. I went through a week's worth of underwear each day and wished I had adult diapers to use. Sick and having to clean up the mess, ugh. Pepto bismol and Imodium seemed to help. Saw a doctor after 48 hours; liquid stool sent to the lab. Day 3, fewer episodes; they told me to drink Gatorade and water, eat rice and potatoes if tolerated. Day 4, finally it stopped but I was so weak I slept all day. Day 5, I am feeling much better and regaining my appetite. 60 hours of hell. I haven't ever had anything this bad..

Sunday morning woke up, had water diarrhea, went twice and I was ok after that, no throwing up, I ate a decent meal and thought it was over - not so. By Sunday afternoon I had a sore throat, headache, chills and every muscle in my body ached! Took Hydrolite (to prevent de-hydration) and went to bed early. During the night I had to go number 2, but they weren’t watery. I thought I was in the clear! Nope. It's now Monday morning and I'm sitting on the toilet. Every time I get up and try to leave, I have to sit down and the watery number 2’s are back with a vengeance. I will keep drinking Hydrolite and try to eat dry foods. The smell is unbearable..