Gastroenteritis (Stomach Flu) - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Gastroenteritis (Stomach Flu).
What treatment was effective for your gastroenteritis (stomach flu)?

My symptoms of gastroenteritis (stomach flu) started on Monday but it started with a bad headache. I took Advil, went to bed, and I ended up sleeping for 14 hours straight. When I woke up Tuesday morning I just felt off, but I went to work. After about 2 hours I started to have a pain in my stomach and as time went on the pain got worse and my headache came back! I ended up leaving work a couple of hours early. That's when the fun began; I went straight to bed. A few hours later my husband was cooking dinner and the smell of garlic hit me and I couldn't hold it in anymore. I took off down the hall to the bathroom spewing from both ends! My kids were horrified. Twenty four hours later I was able to eat 2 crackers. I went to the doctor and he diagnosed it as gastritis. I had an IV of fluids and 48 hours later I ate 1/2 of a grilled cheese sandwich. I still have liquid diarrhea at this point. Finally 72 hours later, Imodium is working and I ate a little more today. The only problem now is bloating and pain in my stomach, I still don't feel 100 percent but I am feeling better! Hopefully tomorrow I will feel even better. This was horrible and I wouldn't wish this on anyone! The gurgling is ridiculous and if anyone has a cure for it please let me know!.

Got sick 24 hours after eating Chinese food at a restaurant. More than 20 BM's and I was up 5 times in the first 24 hours. Day 2, still crampy, headachy and spent most of the time in the bathroom. I went through a week's worth of underwear each day and wished I had adult diapers to use. Sick and having to clean up the mess, ugh. Pepto bismol and Imodium seemed to help. Saw a doctor after 48 hours; liquid stool sent to the lab. Day 3, fewer episodes; they told me to drink Gatorade and water, eat rice and potatoes if tolerated. Day 4, finally it stopped but I was so weak I slept all day. Day 5, I am feeling much better and regaining my appetite. 60 hours of hell. I haven't ever had anything this bad..