Knee Pain - Causes

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Knee Pain.
What was the cause of your knee pain?

Approximately 35 years ago my left knee was scoped. Since than I had 3 additional scopes and an ACL (anterior cruciate ligament) operation. My knee is always swollen, and when I sit for 10 minutes I feel and walk slow and gingerly. It's crazy because at times I go to the gym and do 30 minutes on Stairmaster and 20 on bike. Then I got up from the sofa and twisted my knee. The next 3 to 5 weeks I couldn't walk, or slow dance, my knee is swollen and stiff. I hop down stairs..

Published: June 26

Moving a very large pot with a dwarf lemon tree in it, and screwing it around to get it into an awkward place must have twisted my leg/knee. Afterwards I started feeling sharp jabbing pain in center of knee under kneecap, but deeper. This happened 1.5 weeks ago, and I had x-rays which only show kneecap almost touching on one side. I can feel that, but this is a deeper and stabbing pain depending how I walk. It is slowly getting better I think. Then suddenly I had a sharp pain in center of knee. I have been rubbing in various creams for inflammation and deep heat. Knee is swollen slightly now..