Atrial Fibrillation - Effective Treatments

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Atrial Fibrillation (AFib).
What types of procedures (for example cardioversion) have you undergone for AFib?

Published: December 29

I have had 4 cardioversions for my atrial fibrillation since March, 2012. I also have had over 30 EKGs, many blood draws, 1 TEE (transesophageal echocardiogram), 1 heart echo, 1 nuclear stress test and a whole lot of other tests..

I had atrial fibrillation all the time for the last 5 years. Doctors performed a hybrid ablation procedure last November that cured me. No reoccurrence in the ten months since. They claim an 80 percent cure rate. I am told this special procedure is new and only available in the east coast at a few hospitals. Glad I had it done..