Dizziness - Describe Your Diagnosis

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Dizziness.
Please describe your diagnosis of your dizziness.

I've had severe dizziness on and off for the past 14 years. My first episode occurred at 15 years of age and I am now 29. I recently had my first child, and the lack of sleep from motherhood has only added to my agony of dizziness. Some sites I’ve been on say that the effects of dizziness (vertigo) are hard to explain, but here are a few of my symptoms: --I feel as though the world is spinning around me --I cannot walk a straight line, as I cannot focus on anything. --Those around me say they constantly see my eyes moving as I try to focus. --I am sensitive to light and more so to sound. Any loud noise, constant base or humming sends me spinning. --I have to watch how I move. If I get up or turn my head too fast, it’s triggered. --I have difficulty working out as I find myself getting lightheaded and eventually dizzy. I’ve been documenting my episodes trying to find a trend, trigger or cause and have yet to find any consistency. The only thing I have noticed is that fatigue increases my chance of having a spell. I want to clarify that these episodes do not last seconds or minutes, but days! I’ve been to the doctor but feel as though they aren’t taking it seriously or aren’t aware of how severe these spells are and how seriously it is affecting my life! Finally in April 2009, I was referred to a specialist; however my appointment is not until February 2010! So I’m coping as best as I can for now and am anxiously awaiting and hoping for the help I need..

I have seen countless doctors and each one gives a different reason and how to fix the problem, but nothing works. It has been more than six years since I first started feeling dizziness, and it scares me that something is seriously wrong that the doctors are missing. In the last two weeks, my symptoms have gotten worse, and I can feel that the small twitch I had when the dizziness first started has now turned into an uncontrollable jerk. I have been trying to hide the problem from my family and friends because I do not want them worrying, but it has gotten to the point that I am not sure if I can pretend to be fine anymore. .