Thyroid Nodules - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Thyroid Nodules.
What was the treatment for your thyroid nodules?

Published: March 11

I am 39yrs old and noticed Nov.27th of 2010, that I had a knot on the right side of my neck. I went to my primary care physician and they did protocol of blood work, ultra sound, and last the medical nuclear scan. I was then referred to an endocrinologist who did a biopsy of the nodule on the right and found another nodule on the left side. The results were inconclusive on the right side however calcifications around the nodule and possibly atypical precancerous cells. The left nodule came back benign. I was then sent to a surgeon for consultation of possible surgery. I get there to all but undergo another biopsy of the nodule on the right for more conclusive results. This surgeon told me to forget everything the previous doctor had told me and to await results of this biopsy. This surgeon practically scared me in telling the risks of surgery of worst-case scenarios. Patient is confused, scared, and doesn't know what to trust now..