Heart attack - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Heart Attack.
What were the symptoms of your heart attack?

I had my heart attack at 47, 11 days before I turned 48. I was cutting the grass and went in to get a glass of water and sat down to talk to my grandson. I have always overheated easily and went to sit in front of a fan to cool off. I felt a little nausea (normal for me when overheated), but never was sick though. No pain at all. Only clue to problem was my hands curled in and would not uncurl. I had my grandson call 911. Ambulance crew said I was in full STEMI (ST elevation myocardial infarction). I was flown directly to a cardiac hospital and into catheter lab. Three minutes after hitting the table, I coded 4 times. Stents were placed while I was being shocked. I am glad to be alive. My husband was going through stage 4 prostate cancer that had spread to the bones and was in no shape to care for himself. I was his caregiver. The next day I was released and still here. Thanks to the doctors and the ambulance crew for the quick recognition of my signs. I did find out that I had had 3 heart attacks in my 20s as well; old scarring on the heart. Lucky to be alive. Sad to say my husband passed away this May, but thankful that I was here to take care of him and love him for that extra time..

I am a 58-year-old female who had a heart attack three weeks ago. The symptoms had been there for about a month: brief periods of a burning pain in my chest, and pain in my jaw, face, shoulder, back and arm, all on the right side. I awoke in the night with the pain and this time it wouldn't ease up. I took aspirins and started vomiting. I went to the emergency room and it was determined that I was having a heart attack. Three stents were placed in my heart. I've been home for almost three weeks and doing a total lifestyle change. I am not overweight and I have low blood pressure, and the pain was on my right side instead of the left. It's best to get all pain diagnosed instead of waiting like I did. A heart attack can hit women in many different ways..