Sinus Infection - Signs and Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Sinus Infection.
What signs and symptoms did you experience with your sinus infection?

My sinus infection started with two severe dizzy spells which turned into a headache and slight nauseous feeling. Never having had a migraine I thought this could be my first. The next day I woke up with my eyes swollen and inflamed. Still with the headache symptoms. The third and fourth days I had severe pain in my throat, neck, forehead and eyes. My eyelids and just below the eyes were shockingly bright reddish pink and leaked for 48 hours straight along with my nose. I also began coughing that third day and developed a fever. I drank water continuously and took some Sovereign Silver, from the health food store, several times a day. On the fifth day I was feeling better however I was coughing up phlegm and began to worry that what ever I had was moving into my lungs. On that day I went to the doctors and ( I would have gone earlier but my two worst days was a Saturday and Sunday.) Upon examination, including a blood test for an increased white blood count and a throat swab and still with a fever everything was ruled out except the sinus infection. I am now taking 10 days of the antibotic, Amoxicillin. In all of the areas in my head that I mentioned; throat, eyes, head, neck, and forehead, the pain was absolutely acute. I wish to add that I was not sick prior to this attack, and I do feel it was an attack, however the day before I had been on a 6 hour plane flight..

In October I had pleurisy and atelectasis which was treated with Naproxen, Tylenol and Aleve after the Naproxen. A scan was done for clots but not on the sinuses. The lungs cleared and the sinus pain began. I have completed 4 courses of antibiotics all different with no success. Recently I have blood coming from my nose. When I rinse the sinuses with salt water the blood pours into the sink from my nose. I have pressure on my face, headache, and pressure on my right eye and I am tired. I have noticed some fuzzy thinking and some fuzzy thinking and when the headache is bad some forgetfulness. I have gone to the doctor o going at least once a week plus to emergency once. The doctor in emergency said they would refer to a specialist who would see me quickly. It is two weeks and when I called they said they had a lot of paper work and when they see mine they would call with an appointment. When they do a scan for a clot in the lungs do they scan the sinuses and the brain or do they just scan the lungs. I am unhappy with the med system and I feel scared. .