Palpitations - Effective Treatments

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Palpitations.
What kinds of treatments have been effective for your palpitations?

I started having palpitations this year and I'm 26 yrs old, sometimes it makes me feel I would die soon, two Sundays ago while I was in church because I belong to the choir group, everything became blur all of a sudden and I could feel myself falling down until the lady beside me held me still and my vision came back gradually, during that short period of obscured vision, I felt a chill from my head to my brain, down my feet, and till now the memory of it scares me. When the palpitation initially started, i was prescribed with propranolol 1x daily, but prior to that Sunday incidence I hadn't taken the drug for about a week as i didn't want to live on drugs, now i take the drug every 2 days..

Wow. It is a blessing to know I am not the only one going through this. Guys, you all don't know how much I pray and ask God to let me live and be here for my kids. I started having heart palpitations when I was 24 or 25 and I am now 38. I use to go a whole year and maybe have 2 a year. Now, I have them monthly and lately it has been weekly. I use to go to the ER and get Adenosine through IV. I got tired of that. My cardiologist prescribed Metoprolol ER and once I get palpitations, after 15 or 30 minutes. I take one Metoprolor ER and it helps. Again, I don't like being dependent on medicine, but what can you do? I have been blessed not to have pain, dizziness, etc. but blood pressure drops drastically. I think the Metoprolol does that. Every article has given me encouragement. THANK YOU for SHARING!!!!!!!.