Scabies - Symptoms and Signs

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Scabies.
What symptoms and signs did you experience with your scabies?

Published: December 16

My beautiful dog has mange, and I got scabies. I went to a dermatologist and used all the medicine up. I still have scabies. I put sulfa powder on the dog to cure his mange, then on myself. I got almost instant relief for both of us..

Approximately 3 to 4 weeks after a sexual "hook up," intense itching began in my groin area. Distinct red spots began appearing on my chest, and the itching at night became intense. I could feel the bugs crawling on my skin, prompting a visit to a dermatologist. The doctor scrapped several skin samples and could not detect the scabies bug. He decided to treat me with permethrin 5% cream. I applied before bed over entire body; the next morning the relief was IMMEDIATE. I moved out of my bedroom for 7 days, not reentering at all. At day 7 all bedding was cleaned, as well as clothing I had worn. Permethrin 5% cream was re-applied 7 days later, although the symptoms were absent. No recurrence of scabies since..