Emphysema - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Emphysema.
What symptoms did you experience with your emphysema?

I have severe emphysema with 16 to 21% lung usage. I am on oxygen 24/7, I work full time. I am scared to death about dying. I am afraid of a lung transplant. I want to live. Lung reduction might help me. When I get a cold or the flu, like I did last week, my breathing is so bad, I get exhausted and scared. I smoked from 1959 to 1997. Of course I quit as soon as I was told what I was getting. Too late for me. I smoked 1-2 packs a day for all those years. My luck!! I got emphysema/C.O.P.D. Some people never get anything. I am single. No man would want a woman on oxygen. I am still considered young. I do not look my age at all, but, here I am slowly dying from cigarettes that I gave up over 13 years ago. I am scared ,scared, scared. I want to live. I also use spiriva, advair, nebulizer, oxygen fulltime and many other medications. I will pray for all of you and please pray for me. I want to live. .

Published: April 18

I was a smoker for 30 years. I stopped about 14 years ago due to heart disease. I was told I have mild emphysema. .