Knee Injury - Diagnosis

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Knee Injury.
How was your knee injury diagnosed?

I was fine all morning, I sat at my desk for over an hour, and noticed my knee felt swollen. I tried to straighten it, but couldn't. I tried to get up, but couldn't bear weight on it. The doctor says it's a soft tissue injury, just wish I knew how I'd injured it!.

Published: March 24

It started with some soreness to the inner upper part of my knee. I never had a knee injury and did not think anything of it. I could not figure out how it happened. Then it got worse and extended into a larger area. But still I did not think anything of it. Then I climbed into bed on that one knee. I am big fella, going about 425 pounds, well it became very clear very quickly how I had been causing the injury to my knee. It pretty much sounds like what they describe here. My knee feels unstable. It is difficult going up stairs, almost impossible to go down stairs. I am avoiding it, but I may have to go to the doctor. On the farm my dad always said, if you can get out of bed go to work. If you cannot get out of bed, go to the doctor. We don't go to the doctor much..