Meningitis in Adults - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Meningitis in Adults.
What symptoms did you experience with meningitis?

It was December 20th and I came home from Christmas shopping. I told my husband I had an earache and was going to bed. By the next morning he found me unresponsive and sideways on the bed. By the time the paramedics arrived they found me with 103 temperature and could not wake me and my blood pressure was dangerously high. I woke up on December 23rd with a PICC line and in the ICU with a diagnosis of strep/pneumococcal meningitis. I spent 8 days in the hospital and came home on the 28th with PICC line and outpatient antibiotics. The fast response of my husband kept me alive..

I have a heart transplant and am immune suppressed. I had a headache for 3 weeks, went to the doctor and he said stress. I went to a different doctor a week later and he said that he couldn't find anything wrong. After 3 or 4 weeks, my fever shot up to 103. My mother took me to the emergency room and they did a spinal. I had 2 kinds of meningitis at the same time. They said I got it from dressing a deer. I was in the hospital for 3 weeks and my chances were 50/50. It I lost 20 lb. and it took me almost 6 months to recover. I was fortunate..