Hepatitis B - Describe Your Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Hepatitis B (HBV, Hep B).
Please describe your experience with hepatitis b.

I’m hepatitis B positive and I was so depressed when I learned that I had it. I did research and I found your site. Thank you! I know where I got it: I got it from my boyfriend who undergoes dialysis, but I’m worried about my baby now. I know he’s positive also. Thank you for the information! It really relieves my depression and I have learned a lot more! More power to you! God bless you all!.

I am a 14-year-old Asian girl, and I have known about my chronic hepatitis B almost all my life. When I was little, my parents didn't thoroughly explain the virus to me, seeing as how I would not understand. I was told it was a virus of the liver, but I can lead a normal life with it and also that I could not give it to people by sharing food or water. Now that I am older, I have learned more about it. Until recently, I was unaware that it was considered a sexually transmitted disease and also a symptom is low energy. I do not have trouble recovering from exercising, but I am constantly tired and sleep a lot on the weekends. I rarely get headaches, but my stomach can get upset easily. .