Fever in Adults - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Fever (in Adults).
What treatment was effective for your fever?

Lots of great info. Put my mind at ease. I've never had a fever last this long with no other symptoms other than aches, but apparently I should give a couple more days..

I had FUO that would start rising about 7pm every night and break before I had to leave for work at 6am. Every night the temp would go higher than the previous night. I was admitted through the ER even though the ER doctor said I looked better than he did. I was in the hospital for a week and saw the doctor once. I had tests after tests because I had travelled to malarial countries and other places in the recent past. After a week of tests and countless specialists, heart, lung, etc., I was diagnosed with kidney cancer. I had my kidney removed and five years later I am cancer free. .