Ankle Sprain - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Ankle Sprain.
Please describe the treatment for your ankle sprain.

My foot doctor said I had torn some ligaments in my foot, however he could not treat my ankle and my neuropathy at the same time. So he gave me injections in my ankle, which gave relieve for a short period of time and he told me not to walk on it. He gave me a brake that was no more than an elastic stocking. When I ask for a brace that would stabilize it better, he ordered this huge boot that cause me to fall. I think what I need is a cast. It has been a year and a half. My primary Dr. has referred me to a orthopedic surgeon. .

Published: June 26

I was wearing my 5 inch heels when I stepped up on the curb and lost my footing. The pain in not at the ankle but part where your food bends and flexes. There is no swelling or bruising. When I massage that area it feels good but hurts at the same time..