Cataracts - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Cataracts.
What symptoms did you experience with cataracts?

I could keep my eyes open when in a Concert Hall, where the stage is white and lit by bright lights and the audience is in dark with no lights. There was also some powder-like discharge from the eyes in the morning, but I have no Conjunctivitis. Eyes start watering slightly when looking at the stage for long time, as in a conference. However, my vision is good with specs and I can read N/6 comfortably. I got my Eyes checked yesterday and my Ophthalmologist said that I have Cataract in both the Eyes, but do not require removal now. I have to check up after 6 months. I have no Diabetes and do not smoke, drink or take Tobacco in any way..

Published: December 12

I am 67 years old and just found out that I have very small cataracts. Since I was told this, I have experimented with different angles of vision and found that if I turn my head some to the right or left, I can see much better than straight ahead. .