Tetanus - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Tetanus.
What symptoms and signs did you experience with tetanus?

In l955 as an immigrant to Canada I was given the polio/tetanus vaccine. Within one hour my arm was red and swollen at the site. By the time I got home my arm was paralyzed and I had a high fever which lasted a week. I went through this process once again but my parents would not permit the booster shot. So many years later I would be afraid to have a tetanus shot..

Less than 24 hours after receiving a tetanus injection for having stepped on a rusty nail, I got a severe headache AND LOST MY VISION FOR THREE DAYS. Having never had a history of headaches or vision problems, it was quite scary. The doctor told me it was an allergic reaction to tetanus and to never get another tetanus injection..